24 March 2010

Being done with the crib

Today I am grateful for my little guy moving out of the crib and into a big boy bed. Of course, I have to get him a bed now, but I am thankful he is finished with that stage. I am also thankful that he adjusted well from being contained to having the ability to easily get out when he wants. He is currently sleeping on just his crib mattress on the floor, but I had no choice but to remove the crib since he started climbing out. I decided that it was much safer this way than to have him dropping to the floor from the height of the crib. It took one night of consistently putting him back on the mattress for him to realize that he was expected to stay there. He has stayed in bed for 4 nights now and resumed his afternoon naps yesterday. I miss the younger stages of the children's lives, but I am also grateful each time they reach a new milestone.

No comments: