28 December 2009

The Christmas season

I love the feeling of camaraderie that can be felt in the community around Christmas. Sure, there are those who treat you as competition, but I find the majority of people are much kinder. I love the magic of Santa Claus and the pure excitement in a child's eyes when they spy their full stocking and the gifts under the tree. I love the beautiful light displays and listening to Christmas carols on the radios station. My third daughter has a December birthday and Christmas carols were playing throughout my labor and delivery. Every time I hear them, I relive that exciting time. I love getting together with friends and family, especially those who live far away. Most of all, I love celebrating the birth of our dear Savior and while I do not believe He was actually born in December, His love is seen so much in the actions of others at this time. I hope that we remember to always share that wondrous love, not just in December, but all year long. I love the Christmas season.

No comments: