19 August 2008

Knitted/Crocheted dishcloths

A few years ago I taught myself how to knit from the book The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting and Crocheting. One of the first projects it had me make was a knitted dishcloth. This was my first experience using a knitted dishcloth and I have to tell you it was great. It is thick and durable and it scrubs so well. It is also safe to use on non-stick cookware without scratching it. Of course, as much as I love my knitted dishcloth, I have not had the time to make myself another one. Then, today, I came across a fellow blogger's blog, Home in the Mitten, and she makes crocheted dishcloths which she also sells. I am rather excited because now I know where I can buy some more great dishcloths. I love my knitted one, and I am pretty sure I will love crocheted ones as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ran across your post while searching for crocheted dishcloths. I use mine all the time, and love them. I tried once to knit one - what a disaster. Good for you - to teach yourself how to knit!

Laurie said...

I, too love knitted dishrags and even mack one occasionally. Since my Dad does all the dishes at their house I make him at least one a year for Christmas. This year I got some hemp to make it out of. Soon, I'll start it soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
laurie