15 January 2010

Books

I have recently been able to join several book review sites where I have received free books in exchange for a review. The only thing better than a good book is a free good book. Anyway, I love reading, but motherhood had pulled me away from reading as much as I would like to, at least reading adult-level books. Now that the kids are getting a little older, I find myself with more time to read books of my choosing. As I have been reading these new books I have received, I am reminded of why I love reading so much and so glad to have rediscovered it. A well written book has the ability to take you to another time and place. I love experiencing things that I may never experience otherwise. In the past few weeks, I have been a florist, been a widow who learns her husband is still alive, discovered what true beauty is and experienced life as a farmer's wife living through the Depression. Currently, I am on the road with the country band Diamond Rio as I read the story behind the band in their biographical book, Beautiful Mess

Anyway, I love all the places I have already "visited" and look forward to exploring many new places and experiences as I read more. What are some of your favorite books?

No comments: